Gardening involves gathering seeds, hoeing an area of a compatible ground type to plant them in and watering it with a Watering Can or Sprinkler. Then, once fully grown, manually harvesting them for gardening experience and vegetable items to use in cooking.

Growing time[edit]

It takes 10 minutes to go from a watered seed to a harvest-able plant:

  • 2 mins to go from watered seed to sprout
  • 4 mins to go from sprout to pre-harvest
  • 4 mins to go from pre-harvest to harvest-able crop

Skill tree[edit]

An experience point is awarded for each fully grown plant manually harvested (not for wood).

Characters initially fail to retrieve seed from about 25% of the plants they harvest. Requiring more to be looted to maintain the same stock, until the Grateful gardener talent has 5 points in it.

Each gardening level increases a players extra harvest chance by 0.4%, for up to 40% at level 100. So able to gain an average of 14 vegetables for each 10 plants harvested.

Grateful gardener
+5-25% chance to gain a seed when harvesting plants

Eat your vegetables!
+5-25% food when eating plants or cooked food made out of plants

Bottomless water can
+10-50% chance to not consume water when using water can

Thorny weapons
+5-25% critical hit damage

Thorny skin
+10-50 thorns damage

Poison coated weapons
+5-25% chance to apply poison on hit, reduces enemy healing received by 75%

Expert gardener
+3-15% chance that plants planted by you become golden

Potent poison
+5-25% damage against poisoned targets


Seeds are listed in the natural order of world progression.

Sprite Name Harvest Notes
Root Seed Wood As the root seeds mature, they spread wood around them over time
Heart Berry Seed Heart Berry
Golden Heart Berry
Glow Tulip Seed Glow Tulip
Golden Glow Tulip
Bomb Pepper Seed Bomb Pepper
Golden Bomb Pepper
Grub Kapok Seed Fiber
Carrock Seed Carrock
Golden Carrock
Only grows on stone ground
Puffungi Seed Puffungi
Golden Puffungi
Only grows on mold ground
Coral Seed Coral Wood Only grows on beach sand ground
Bloat Oat Seed Bloat Oat
Golden Bloat Oat
Pewpaya Seed Pewpaya
Golden Pewpaya
Only grows on beach sand ground
Pinegrapple Seed Pinegrapple
Golden Pinegrapple
Only grows on beach sand ground
Grumpkin Seed Grumpkin
Golden Grumpkin

Harvest chance[edit]

Harvest chance increases the probability of obtaining double the harvested crop. It is possible to obtain 100% harvest chance that guarantees two crops per harvest with various accessories and the Farmer's Hat. Even without a single level in Gardening, wearing all the equipment below will grant you 67.3% harvest chance.

Sprite Name Harvest Chance Increase Notes
Gardening 40% at Level 100 Each level increases harvest chance by 0.4%
Farmer's Hat 10.1% (+1.5% when reinforced) -
Petal Ring 22.7% Rings can be stacked to obtain 45.4% harvest chance
Eostre Necklace 10.3% -
Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.